A while back during a trip "home" to Montrose there was finally enough snow for Ella to have some winter fun for the first time this season. She hadn't experienced any snow first hand since living in Holland during February 2012. You may or may not remember her priceless reaction back then, so it's worth sharing again.
This year it looked a little like this:
| Sledding, |
| snow angels, |
| staying out long enough to get tired, |
| and trying to make snowballs. |
Here's the final product, which is quite sad looking I know, but it really wasn't the right snow for packing, so mommy hauled buckets of water out in the freezing cold trying to get whatever snow I could to stick together. The end result was more of a snow mountain than a snowman.
Weeks before actually getting to build the snowman, Ella watched the classic frosty the snowman movie at least 100 times! In the above picture she is asking why he isn't alive and dancing!! I never thought she'd actually think after we build him that he would come to life. She must have spent 10 minutes very concerned about him not playing with her. But after lots of explanations, she warmed up. Our snow mountain.....I mean snowman needed some final touches so mommy gave up her hat.
Then we found a few twigs for the arms.
| MUCH BETTER! |
Now if we'd only get more than an inch so we could go out and play again here at our place!

No comments:
Post a Comment