About Us

My photo
The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I caved!

I didn't think I would do it...... I was working out by myself at home with my Jillian Michael's DVD and running either on the treadmill here in the tiny gym that is part of our apartment complex or even running outside in the nice fall weather, but I caved!! I wanted something more and after touring the local recreation center I was sold. I am officially a member of the Ciccotti Family Rec Center. There are so many classes I can take. I really think it feels better to work out with people around you rather than by yourself. Also, when I remind myself that I am paying for a membership I am far more likely to actually DO the workout!


So far I have only tried a Total Body and Pilates class. I have on my list to try Zumba and a few water fitness classes including Aqua Energy, Aquarobics and Cardio Splash. I sort of feel like an old lady taking the water classes but with it being low impact it really is better. I always seems to have lower back pain and ever since the pregnancy that resulted in an 11 pound baby I have had even more difficulty.

Hopefully almost every single day I can try one of the classes. The best part is that they offer day care for Ella. I can workout for up to 2 hours at a time both in the morning and evening and she can stay in the Kids in Motion room. She tried it for the first time late last week and she had no problem when I dropped her off. When I came back to get her I had a difficult time getting her to leave! Hopefully this means mommy can take full advantage of this more often.

They also offer swimming lessons and being a member gets us a reduced rate. Ella will be starting her lessons in November. For now they have specific times available for small children to play in the shallow pool and with the water features. It reminds me of an indoor water park with ankle deep water and features that squirt, drip and spray water.  (pictures taken from the Ciccotti Family Rec Center webpage)








No comments: