Doug and I were both afraid that the $10.50 a person was a bit much but after spending over 4 hours there of non-stop fun from one activity to the next, it was WELL WORTH that price! I'm not sure who had the most fun, but we'll definetely make this a family trip every year. They also have a tree farm for the Christmas season and Santa Claus parachutes into the farm the weekend after Thanksgiving. We are hoping to go to this event too and get our Christmas tree a little early.
Here's a glimpse at our fun filled day at Ellm's Family Farm. With so many activities it was hard to decide what to do first:
Her and I rode the MooMooChooChoo.
Then we watched the Chicken Comedy Show. It a cute show where these stuffed chickens sang, danced and told some "kid" jokes.
There were tunnels,
A Box of Kernels and Sandbox,
and three different slides. We decided to try them in order of size, with the smallest of them first and then moving up to the HUGE one. Ella wasn't intimidated by them at.
When Doug tried to take her down the biggest one with him, she insisted on going herself. She didn't quite weigh enough I guess because she only got half way down before coming to a stop. Doug said she looked back up the tube at him and said "daddy stuck". So he too went down the slide and they both enojoyed the rest of the slide down together.
That was only the beginning of our day. Ella enjoyed bouncing on the horses and riding the cars.
Then Ella and I bounced together on the giant jumping pillow. It was lots of fun, but we had a family with older kids bouncing at that same time and they sure were jumping. I had all I could do to keep Ella standing upright so she could bounce. We both giggled the entire time.
The duck races were fun too!. There was a hand water pump that you used to pump the water into the pipe which allowed the ducks to float along.
By this point we were getting hungry so we had a bite to each for lunch followed by a treat of warm apple cider and fresh made cider donuts.
After lunch Ella spent some time admiring the goats and chickens. Being the animal lover that she is, of course she tried to kiss the goat goodbye.
The hayride wasn't too long but a nice last stop before the pumpkin patch. Ella has been reading some books with us about Fall, pumpkins and apples. Her face says it all when we rode by the pumpkin field.
There were lots of picture posing areas. If we do make this a yearly even, I liked how we can watch how Ella grows from year to year.
Finally we made our way to the pumpkin patch where we only had Ella pick her own pumpkin. We stopped later that day at a rode side stand to get a few more pumpkins for carving. We thought they would be a bit cheaper that way, but for the quality we probably didn't save much.
| Which one should I pick?? |
| hmmmm.... |
| maybe this one.... |
| Ohh heavy! |

No comments:
Post a Comment