After a LONG and hard road...Doug has finally finished his Master's Degree. This was in fact the main reason he made the trip home in October. Ella and I just happened to make it into a trip for us too, thanks to my mom!
After only arriving in the U.S on a Tuesday night, early Thursday morning he defended his thesis in front of a panel of 4 professors, 2 doctors and about 6 graduate students. With only a few minor revisions to make to his paper he is officially done and will receive his degree in the mail sometime in December.

I made him a small congrats cake that I took with us to his favorite restaurant Otto's in State College. We enjoyed a celebration dinner and of course a few of there homemade beers, since that is what they are well-known for.
 |
| Way to go Daddy!! |
|
|
 |
| Can't we eat the cake already?! |
 |
| CHEERS! |
I have been busting him about how long it has taken, but I am very proud of him! It has been his dream to get a doctorate as well. As hard as just getting the Master's has been, I continue to support him and hopefully
before Ella goes to college one day he can proudly display that degree as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment