The first weekend Ella and I were back home, Grandma, Ella and mommy took a trip to Phoenixville, PA to visit Uncle Jason and "Aunt" Karyn. Uncle Jason was very excited to take Ella to the Philadelphia zoo.
Our first stop was to see the giraffes. Doug and I had visited the zoo in Holland a few weeks prior and this was one of the exhibits we missed seeing.
I was surprised how into the animals Ella really was. I had reservations about going, thinking she'd get cranky in the stroller and not really even pay attention to anything. But she was such a good girl the ENTIRE day! It was a beautiful sunny day and we saw polar bears, pandas, bobcats, hippos, penguins, zebras, monkeys, bears, lions, peacocks, turtles, snakes, fish, sea otters, gorillas and I'm not even sure what else but it was a full day of animals and amphibians. I will spare you the pictures of Ella with every animal we saw.... So here is just a few!
 |
| YIKES....I'm not so sure about that snake mommy! | | | | | | | |
|
 |
| sea turtle |
 |
| sleepy sunning lions |
|
|
We enjoyed an expensive lunch at the zoo too. We didn't think ahead and should have packed a bag lunch, but Ella enjoyed some french fries anyway. (Yes, I said french fries....we were on vacation!!)
Then it was off to the carousel and the petting zoo. Both of which Ella was not a huge fan of. On the carousel a little girl was screaming bloody murder, so I think poor Ella was more scared of her!! And surprising the goats at the petting zoo were not high on her list of "I like these mommy", so we didn't stay long.
 |
| And we just had to try these out! |
It was great day and both Ella and I enjoyed spending time with Grandma, Uncle Jason and "Aunt" Karyn. The only thing missing to make it PERFECT was daddy (who was in Holland hard at work on his thesis).
 |
| We barely even left the parking lot.....a sign of a great day! |
No comments:
Post a Comment