We have tacos for dinner every Friday or Saturday night. We just love them!! Tonight Doug was in charge of making them while I took care of Ella. He had everything cut up and the hamburger browned and ready when I hear...."Kristina, where is the taco seasoning?" After explaining where I thought it was and double checking a few places myself, we quickly realized we had none!! Not a good time to have to run to the store.
Thank goodness for the world wide web! I found a great recipe and I think we will just use it from now on rather than buying the package of seasoning. If you ever run out of seasoning mix.....here is a quick and yummy fix.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1/8 tsp. cheyenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup water and ingredients to one pound cooked ground beef. Let simmer and enjoy!
1 comment:
this is pretty sweet! have to show it to karyn. i'm sure she'll love it. :)
Post a Comment