

Then on Sunday, there came a knock on our door. It was Matthius wanting to play X-box. I think it gives Doug a reason to goof off!!

While the boys play games, and Chloe makes sure she isn't missing out on anything, Tucker enjoys the sunshine.

I on the other hand, was having a graving for chocolate cake and peanut butter icing. Of course there wasn't a Betty Crocker cake mix in the cupboard, so I found a recipe for a chocolate cake from scratch. After driving to the store to buy the few extra ingredients needed, my icing and cake looked delicious!!

When it was time to enjoy the cake, I made sure I cut myself a nice big piece. After the first big bite, of what was suppose to be heavenly, I was very disappointed. The icing was perfect, as it should be, seeings that I bought the expensive Skippy peanut butter at the store instead of the dutch kind, that just doesn't at all taste like peanut butter. But the cake was like a rubber sponge!!!! Time and time again I have tried to make bake goods since moving here and they all turn out horrible. We just can't figure out if it is a different flour or sugar that is making her recipes a disaster or what the issue is. I even used up all my Hershey's cocoa powder!! So until we return to the US once again, bake goods will not be attempted.
Ohh and as far as the delicious peanut butter icing. I couldn't have it go to waste.......so I scraped it back off the cake and enjoy a spoonful once in a while when I have a craving for something sweet!!

No comments:
Post a Comment