"The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place." Barbara DeAngelis
About Us
- The Wilcox Family
- The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Frustrated
Well, most of our posts have been to show what it is like here or what we have been up to; this one is just to vent! Doug and I feel overwhelmed with our move here. It has been paperwork after paperwork for months prior to leaving the U.S. and it hasn't stopped. We are told to go here for this form, there for another form, and everything is written in DUTCH!!!! I spend so much time on Google translate just trying to figure out what things say. The latest letter stated that I had to go to the town hall for an original document provided by them, that states our marriage is legal and accepted by the Dutch government and it proves that I live with Doug and that is the reason why I am in the country. If I didn't get the form in the next few days I could be deported!!! That was not the way we wanted to start our day. Doug likes his job and has been given the official title of "Senior Pre-Development Engineer" which makes him sound so professional and smart!! He is smart though and we are trying to relax and enjoy this "opportunity of a lifetime" as we have been told our journey is suppose to be. The human resource person that meets with Doug to tell him how things work in this country has been mis-leading, Some of the benefits we thought we would have working for BOSCH had restrictions that weren't clearly stated from the beginning and we're just overwhelmed with how to make everything work, with one job, one car, and only one legal citizen at this time! Ohh well....we're thankful to be together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
From Meghann Bierly
Hang in there...I'll be thinking about you! You always need a little rain to make a rainbow...I am sure the sun will start shining soon - lol you're to far away to hit me... Take care.
Post a Comment