We celebrated Thanksgiving this past weekend with a few of Doug's co-workers and their families. The family that hosted the event (J.P, Sharine and their children Noah and Mia) spent some time living in the U.S. and loved the holiday. They continue to celebrate it wherever they go. Another co-worker of Doug's just started at Bosch as well (Siam, his wife and 18 month old daughter, Dafney). He is originally from Turkey and has never celebrated Thanksgiving. The final family is originally from Korea but they too have spent some time living in the U.S. (Sungbae, his wife and daughter Christina). I am unsure of how to spell some of the names, but it was wonderful to share this holiday with people from different parts of the world. The dinner was fantastic. A 7.5kg=16.5lb turkey was specially ordered for the event. It is rare to find a whole turkey here. Sharene made sweet potatoes with marshmallows (just like my family has every year). We had carrots, green beans, mashed potatoes with gravy, stuffing, salad, cranberry sauce and of course turkey! There was no macaroni and cheese for myself or coleslaw for Doug, but other than that....it was the same as home! The family from Turkey, who had never celebrated Thanksgiving before, nor had eaten most of the types of food that were there, especially liked the stuffing!! We also enjoyed apple pie and pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. I am asking for the pumpkin cheesecake recipe! Below is a picture we attempted to take ourselves before going to the dinner. Doug literally had to run to get in the pose before the flash went off!
Also this weekend, I took my first driving lesson with the new rental car. It is a manual and since they are cheaper and more available here, this will be the type of car we are going to purchase. I only drove around the neighborhood, not into town or onto the highway. I only stalled once and Doug said I did a very nice job for my first time. I was pretty proud of myself as well and have to admit it was fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment