But the end of the week has improved and we were able to get to some activities outside the house. Ella enjoyed her first music class. I found the class offered by Carondelet Music Center. The have classes for early childhood music and instruction/private lessons for older kids involving all kinds of different instruments. Ella sure takes after her daddy when it comes to rhythm and beat and Doug was very excited to have her start getting into music at an early age.
There are about 8 kids in the class (a few missing the day we went) and each child gets there own set of instruments to keep at home. Hopefully when we go back next week they will have ours.
We did get a chance to play a few instruments and we also sang and danced!
Thankfully we had a few sunny days too. The windows in our apartment were wide open letting all those yucky germs out and we even got a little playtime/ storytime in on the deck.
Thursday morning we like to go to the free library program called Family Drop In. I really like this more than the story hour we were going to on Tuesdays. It's a 45 minute session for child and caregiver that has several stories, songs, fingerplays, sometimes the use of a flannel board and always a craft at the end. Our Tuesday "story hour" was always 2 books and 50 minutes of free play. I LOVE how the family drop in session is structured more like a preschool program with a theme each week.
This week the theme was birds. We listened to 4 different books about owls, hummingbirds, and robins. We sang a few songs too, including Rocking Robin. Our craft was then to make a robin.
Ella turned 2 1/2 this week and has gone from calling herself "A-yuh" to actually saying Ella pretty clearly. I was a bit sad to hear her say her name the right way....she's growing up way to fast!
Speaking of growing, I entered week 31 of the pregnancy (but haven't gotten around to taking my picture yet). According to my book this week Sunshine can hear distinct sounds, should measure over 16 inches long and weigh about 3 1/2 pounds. All the kicks and somersaults are signs that sunshine is healthy and active......and boy is he/she ever!!! I'm afraid this baby is never going to sleep after their arrival with how often I feel movement now. Next week I go for an ultrasound to check sunshine's growth. I am very worried about having a large baby again! If you look at these pictures side by side, I look almost exactly the same at this point as I did with Ella.....YIKES!!
![]() |
| Ella |
| Sunshine |
Today is rainy and I'm hoping between today and the weekend I can begin to get caught up on blog posts I have been meaning to put up as well as the numerous projects I want to finish before the baby arrives. I feel like I'm running out of time!!


1 comment:
Precious! I wish you lived closer ...I bet Emma and Ella would have a lot of fun together!! :-D
Post a Comment