Our first craft was a bunny head. For this craft you need a paper plate, scissors, glue, white and pink construction paper, pipe cleaners, googly eyes and a pom pom.
Because of Ella's age I decided to cut out and glue the bunny ears myself, but an older child could easily make their own.
First add glue all over the paper plate:
Next, stick cotton balls to the paper plate until it is completely covered.
Now for the fun part....making the bunny's face. I had the whiskers, mouth, pom-pom nose, and eyes already out on the table for Ella. I told her to make a face on the bunny so she decided where everything went.
| We need whiskers next! |
TADA.....her first craft. It was a huge success and there wasn't even a mess!
Then I decided to tackle another craft idea. Ella made a mosaic egg and butterfly. For this project you need colored tissue paper, cardstock, glue and scissors and paintbrush.
I actually got my entire package of pastel colored tissue paper at the $1 Store. It only took a half sheet of each color so we have plenty left over for another craft project.
First, I cut out the shape of an egg and a butterfly from the carstock paper. (originally I only planned on doing an egg one, but it was such a quick craft she asked to make more.)
Next I put some glue on the cardstock shape and let her spread around the glue with a sponge paintbrush.
I had the colored tissue paper cut into smaller pieces hoping she would want to rip them up into even smaller ones, but she wanted nothing to do with ripping. Her new thing "mommy you do it! I then cut all the colors into smaller squares for her.
She had a great time adding all the colors of paper onto the egg and butterfly.
Our finished projects turned out GREAT! My next idea is to make a little nicer of a display for hanging her artwork and craft projects. I have a few ideas, but with apartment renting it's hard investing too much time into decorating/ making the place our own!

2 comments:
Hey looks great! You might like this idea for another time, because it involves no glue so is less messy! woohoo! We made something really similar to the egg and butterfly for easter, but used contact paper instead of cardboard & glue. You just stick all the coloured bits of tissue onto contact paper, then stick a second piece of contact over the top (to sandwich them together) and then just cut out your shape. We did crosses. Then you can hang them in the window and the light shines through!
Thanks for the idea Jamie! I think Ella would love to try the contact paper. I just found an idea on pinterest that involved contact paper and using it on your window that I hope to try. Hope you are all doing well!
Post a Comment