About Us

My photo
The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cupcakes

Want to try a little piece of heaven??? Like peanut butter and chocolate?? Then I highly recommend these cupcakes I made this past weekend. The title makes them sound super sweet, but really they are actual quite light tasting.  I think I have found a new favorite! Just take one look and I'm sure you'll be baking them soon too.



I came across the recipe on Pinterest. It came from a blog called RecipeSnobs.com.

You can find the printable version here.  But I suggest carefully reading all the directions before starting. They aren't written in a very clear order.

Also, some tips I can offer for these cucakes include:
1. Carefully watch the time; they can quickly get too done, and 22 minutes might be too long.
2. Make the icing and set in the fridge to harden just a bit before using. It's quite soft and seems like it will run off the cupcake. I used it straight after making it and then placed the cupcakes in the fridge to harden a bit, but that takes up a lot of room in your fridge.
3. Melt some extra chocolate chips and drizzle it over the top of the peanut butter icing for some added chocolate, or even try just chocolate icing! I even added some chocolate sprinkles.

HAPPY BAKING!

No comments: