On Day 7 (yesterday)
I gave Doug:
Ella got:
Notice the little red sticker toward the top right?1 I just love that I have all these seasonal books from my teaching days. Since the Fall I have been filling Ella's bookshelf with them and having some Valentine's Day ones worked out perfect for this activity. I saved out a few when I first filled her bookshelf back on Feb 1st and planned to use them during our 14 Days of Love. It has really helped to safe some money toward this idea.
Now for me:
Ohh there's no picture for you to view? Were you thinking something was wrong with the blog? Well it's not. Doug "forgot" my Valentine at work. I think that's when he finds the time to try and make me one anyway so I tried not to give him too hard of a time. He said that one of the days ahead I would just get TWO instead!
Today was Day 8! Since it's kind of hard thinking of different ones for Doug and Ella I have come up with a few that work for both of them. We all love the little goldfish crackers to snack on so they each got a little package of those today. You could easily use Swedish fish too (my favorite, but this was a cost effective approach again since we already have these on hand most of the time.)
I love how the mini mailboxes turned out but for some items they are a bit too small. The lids are very hard to get off too and poor Ell can't do it at all, even though everyday she insists on trying.
She seems to be holding them out in front of her as if they are going to bite her or something. She opened her mailbox right after nap time since I figure this treat was fitting for an afternoon snack. She was a bit cranky but ate almost all the crackers.
Doug was a little late getting home from work tonight. He said he had some "shopping" to do. He came home all proud of himself and excited for the last few days left in our 14 Days of Love. I wonder what he has up his sleeve? I have to admit, he's been pretty creative so far and a bit more than me since I simply printed a bunch of tags to attach to the Valentines and he has hand written almost all of them. So tonight on Day 8 I received:
The picture doesn't really show it but it's a super hug pencil. I can see Ella loving this in the next few days.

No comments:
Post a Comment