About Us

My photo
The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.

Saturday, December 22, 2012

What you missed in November

 We haven't broken down in the 6 months we've lived here and bought cable TV. We get about 25 channels of basic cable so we have been dealing with what we can find when we want to actually watch something. Ella has really gotten into watching movies since watching her first movie awhile back........Finding Nemo. I didn't think she was old enough to sit through and actually understand a movie yet, but she watched the whole thing and talked about Nemo and Nora the main characters. In the bathtub she even started acting out the movie with her fish.

Closer to Halloween and even after it passed, we watched "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." It was nice to have a movie night together and it has led into watching The Polar Express, Rudolph, Frosty the Snowman and Charlie Brown Christmas together throughout the months of November and December.

One thing is for sure......Ella loves popcorn as much as mommy! That kid could eat a whole bag herself if we let her (and I'm not talking about the mini-bags either)!!


Ella has also turned into more and more of a helper. While she loves to pretend cook and serve us food from her little kitchen, she LOVES to help out in the real kitchen. I think we have a future baker on our hands!
 Doug and I often talk about how much we love every stage that Ella has gone through. It seems as though after her first year, the next year flew by, with so many changes taking place. But since her second birthday I have seen changes that seem more rapid. Before it seemed like she changed from month to month or even week by week. But now overnight she grows up! Right now she is excellent at playing independently. She will set up her dolls and stuffed animals and have them talk to each other or serve them food. I was lucky to even catch this tea party on video!


Thanksgiving came and went as quickly as I feel Christmas is going to. I picked up a part time job at the mall  (Bath and Body works; nights and weekends) to have some extra money, so the last few months have come and gone in a blink and I feel like we're still behind in getting things done since our move back. We enjoyed a nice Thanksgiving at our apartment. Since it was just the three of us I tried not to make too much to eat. I was thrilled when I found this little turkey.....about 3 pounds!

It was just the right size for us! I also got a little creative with some cookies I found on Pinterest. I was very pleased with how they turned out. (pilgrim hats and acorns)

 Ella enjoyed just about all the food we had to eat!



Our little Pumpkin is growing up so fast! 











No comments: