I have a few OCD (Obsessive-compulsive disorder) tendencies. I can't help it, it's just that I like a neat, well organized home. Some (especially my husband) will tell you I'm crazy, but at least he supports my craziness. I actually thought of my friend Rita (also a fellow blogger, you should check out) just the other day when I was emptying my dishwasher. Awhile ago she posted this about organizing her silverware in the dishwasher. While I too have always done this, I actually stopped to ask myself how crazy I really am when I was putting the clean silverware back into the drawer.
We often have to run our dishwasher before all the silverware from the drawer is even used. Therefore when it's time to put the clean ones away, I lift up the few of each piece that are left and put the clean pieces under them. I like knowing that all our silverware is being used and not just the same pieces over and over. I also do this with my towels!
Does anyone else get this crazy?
"The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place." Barbara DeAngelis
About Us
- The Wilcox Family
- The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.
2 comments:
haha! I don't rotate my silverware, but now I may need to start ;)
We have a few quirks, but we're not crazy! I too put the clean silverware on the bottom of the pile in the drawer. And...even your G'ma Sivers put the clean towels on the bottom of the pile.
Post a Comment