When I go to the grocery store I am thankful for more choices and the ability to now find just about ANYTHING that I am looking for. Since moving back to the U.S I have found it so hard to not give into temptations.
There are huge aisles consisting of candy, chips, cookies, cake mixes, icing in a can, etc. The bakery section has me drooling over the donuts (jelly, glazed, powered sugared, bear paws), coffee cake, strudels, and ice cream cakes. I learned to live without most of this for almost 3 years. So as hard as it is to just keep walking and head to the fresh fruit and vegetables.....I am really trying to help our family continue to eat fresh and healthy. The freshness of the foods in Holland is one thing I will miss. It seemed like we were able to eat very healthy without even trying, while in the U.S I find it takes me hours in the store trying to read and analyze what it is I'm actually buying.
But every once in awhile you have to give in just a little.....
(my absolute favorite ice cream that I couldn't find while living in Holland)
"The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place." Barbara DeAngelis
About Us
- The Wilcox Family
- The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment