When the weather gets nice, one of the things I often think about that reminds me of home is YARD SALES!! It seems like once the weather gets nice you see them everywhere. And with the holiday weekend coming up, I am sure there will be lots of them. The dutch do not have yard sales or garage sales. You wouldn't think that I could accumulate junk during the almost 3 years we have lived here, but I have. I have been trying to do a bit of spring cleaning and realized I have so many things I just don't use anymore. I figured if it came here with us and we haven't used it since.....IT NEEDS TO GO!
So Instead of yard sales or garage sales, people can rent a table and sell their items inside this gigantic building. It is knows as a "Vlooienmarkt" (flea market). We went last year in August to see what it was all about. They hold then every few months. This year, when I knew it was going to be happening, I convinced our good friend Esther to split the table with me. There were over 200 tables set up with people selling items. Talk about a HUGE garage sale!
It lasted for two days; a Thursday and a Sunday from 10-4. Who knew it could be soooo exhausting to just sit around all day! I sold a bit of our junk, but of course I still had to bring some back home.
"The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place." Barbara DeAngelis
About Us
- The Wilcox Family
- The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment