About Us

My photo
The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What You've Missed

In the few months I wasn't blogging we didn't do anything exciting as far as traveling or having any new experiences here. We were just living day to day....which for me requires new activities every 5 minutes! While Ella can be very good at entertaining herself, there are days she seems to require more of mommy's attention and since I am blessed to be at home with her, I try to take full advantage of it. If you are aware of the website Pinterest then you know this can be very addicting and I find a TON of fun crafts and activities on it to try with Ella. For those of you unaware of Pinterest (must have a facebook account to become a member), I suggest you Google it to figure out what it is....I LOVE it!

Anyway, just some of the things Ella, and I have been up to these days:

Learning to use crayons and markers

      Becoming a BIG helper!
Building forts with blankets, the foot stool and drying rack.


Mommy dyed some rice and for months we've been pouring, mixing, sifting and finding hidden objects buried in the rice. (this was just the first day)


It snowed! While it only lasted for a few days, Ella had a blast playing in it for the first time.


Enjoying being a Chef

And since the rice was such a hit..we tried noodles too!




Our last kid project (thanks to a blog I follow) I tried first with Ella and then gave it a go with three other kids that come to out house for a mommy and me group. I'm not sure what you would call it-a glitter jar I guess. Ella loved adding sensory objects to a recycled juice container filled half way with water. Mommy added the glitter and hot glued the top on. After her first shakes her reaction was "WOW"....literally this is all she would say when she would shake it. Over two months later she now has two and continues to play with them. 



Being a kid can be so much fun....but mommy runs out of ideas and I have to say being home everyday I get bored. Maybe that's why I try all these things. We do still have a swimming class that we go to twice a week. They have actually been having me dunk Ella under water since day one. I was a bit scared at first but Ella never cries. Last month she even had her picture taken swimming underwater. Cool huh?






2 comments:

Aunt Mary said...

I keep forgetting how to leave a comment, but want you to know that I enjoy hearing about your life and seeing pictures of Ella. I have to figure out why I can't get SKYPE to work! Hang in there! I know all about being lonely. Sometimes I feel like I live in a foreign country!
Love to you all

Anonymous said...

Looks like you have kept Ella very busy! You're such a good mommy.

I love the picture of her underwater too! I've been tempted to dip my kids during our swim class, but I think they would freak out!