About Us

My photo
The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs

I'm always looking for new recipes to try....and breakfast ideas for the weekend are a must! I love my Taste Of Home Cookbook we received as a Christmas gift a few years ago. (thanks Sarrah and Aaron!) There are many recipes in there I just can't get the ingredients here to make, but I have tried quite a few.

A couple of weekends we have eaten the Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs and they are the yummiest! In fact they were so tasty I didn't even snap a picture before they were eaten right up. I decided to share this recipe because I immediately thought of my brother and his girlfriend Karyn who I know will LOVE these!

You Will Need:
1 package (3ounces) cream cheese softened
2 Tablespoons half-and-half cream (I used whole milk since I didn't have the cream)
8 eggs
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (you could use fresh...but all I had on had was the kind from a jar)
1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup real bacon bits (I used crumbled bacon once, and another time left the bacon out; both delicious)
2 Tablespoons butter
* You could easily turn this into an omelet and add other yummy veggies. The only thing you would have to play around with is that the veggies might take away the taste of the cheeses that you get and you might need a bit more of each cheese).

In a small mixing bowl beat cream cheese and cream until smooth (I used a whisk). Add the eggs, Parmesan cheese, lemon-pepper, and salt; mix. Stir in bacon. In a large skillet, melt butter, add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Depending on how hungry you are it says the recipe yields 4 servings. Since this is all we had for breakfast so it was just enough for Doug and I....with an occasional bite for Ella.

If anyone tries this and adds in some veggies, please let me know how it turns out as far as flavor!

1 comment:

Jason said...

We're definitely gonna have to make these! I know Karyn will be excited to try the recipe. She just made some banana chocolate chip cookies last night that are pretty awesome, but she's always looking for something new to make.