About Us

My photo
The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Look Whooo's ONE!

While most of you attended Ella's First birthday party in the U.S some who didn't might be interested in her owl themed party. While a "Look Whooo's" party isn't anything new or creative, having made just about everything except the cake and her outfit I would say I was pretty creative! I had a blast putting this party together. It meant the world to me to be able to have this party for Ella in the U.S and for my mom to be a HUGE part in getting us home! Since Doug arrived in the U.S only a few days before the party, I had a lot to do myself. I couldn't have gotten the decorations done and up without the help of mine and Doug's mom. They both helped make Ella's first birthday very special.

The pom poms were very easy and cheap to make!


 



Thank you candy bar.....with homemade chocolate owl lollipops. 




I was so happy with the CAKE! I took a copy of the owl from Ella's shirt and asked them to copy it onto the cake. It turned out excellent and the cake was delicious.....can you believe I got it at Walmart!!??














Ella loved it too!



I'm a mess...YEAH!!


And it wouldn't be a party without....PRESENTS!!


Two very special gifts came from Grandpa and Uncle Jason. We would like to have Ella's room owl themed so I had asked my dad to make owls for the party, but also ones that would go with her future room. Uncle Jason is very talented and wrote the most beautiful poem for Doug and I when we got married. I asked that his gift to Ella be a poem about her first birthday. It was beyond beautiful! (link to poem). Ella received so many wonderful gifts for her birthday! She was shown lots of love from many people....thank you!

 Finally I had put together a DVD that played music with pictures and video clips of Ella throughout her first year. I'd love to post it on here (I'm so proud of it and just LOVE how it turned out) but it's too big of a file and I'm not sure blogger will allow me to....sorry!

No comments: