About Us

My photo
The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.

Friday, November 25, 2011

It's Going to Be Messy!

If you know me well, you already know that I am a very neat and organized person. I HATE messes and tend to clean poor Ella and the highchair throughout her entire meal. I just can't help it. I don't want the food all over and I don't want her thinking she can have food smeared all over. Now I know this sounds harsh, but I what I mean is that to a certain point I do not allow food smeared everywhere. I know how important it is to let her feel the textures and explore a little with her food so I do give in once in a while.

Ella has been determined wanting to eat more and more of what we have been eating lately. She gets pretty upset if her plate doesn't look just like ours! So you can see how hesitant I was the night we had the dreaded toddler food.......SPAGHETTI! Ohh the mess there was going to be when I knew that's what she wanted as she reached for our plates and practically tried climbing out of her chair to get to a plate of it. I knew this day would come sooner or later and there was no denying the fact that this was it. Mommy had to get over her fear of messes and give in to spaghetti!

After only a few bites she was signing for MORE!




And all my OCD moments paid off because our first attempt at spaghetti wasn't that bad at all. All the mess was contained on her eating mat and she did a great job!! I think we will be having spaghetti many more times in the future.

No comments: