With Ella's milk allergy, I wasn't sure when to start trying some dairy products. At around 11 months old I figured we needed to give it a try since she would hopefully start regular milk after her first birthday. I started with a little taste of regular yogurt. What a disaster!! (and very disappointing too). So I waited a few more weeks and tried soy yogurt. That too didn't work great but was a little better. What to do?? I ended up calling and making an appointment with the dietician we have visited a few times since discovering this allergy. The other main reason for this visit was to ask about continuing the special formula Ella has been taking. Our insurance pays for the formula but only because it is prescribed by the dietician. She felt it was better for Ella to not try whole milk at the age of one and she wrote another prescription. A few weeks ago, right before her first birthday I was curious to try the soy yogurt again. The dietician explained that every so often we would need to try some dairy to test how she reacted. The second attempt went much better! Every other day for a week I gave her some of the soy yogurt and a bit more each day. She had no problem with it and loves having yogurt for breakfast or at snack time!
"The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place." Barbara DeAngelis
About Us
- The Wilcox Family
- The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment