Doug and I have been really loving to make fruit smoothies. We have tried many different varieties with blueberry pineapple being my favorite. The recipe we use calls for frozen fruit so it's pretty easy to make one anytime (as long as we keep some frozen fruit on hand). I have been enjoying them as an afternoon snack while Ella has a bit of a snack too.
Today I had raspberry banana mango.....also delicious!
To make your fruit smoothie you will need:
2 cups frozen fruit
1 frozen banana ( I have used fresh too, or leave it out if you don't like bananas)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice (or any fruit juice will do)
2-3 Tablespoons honey or to taste (I have been leaving this out because the fruit makes it sweet enough)
Add all ingredient into your blender and then blend. You may need to stir it a bit and blend again to be sure you don't have big pieces of fruit left.
This recipe makes 2 very nice size glasses, so if it is just for one person I recommend cutting the recipe in half. You can also play around with the recipe a bit changing the amount of yogurt or milk that you use until you get the consistency you like. ENJOY!!
"The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place." Barbara DeAngelis
About Us
- The Wilcox Family
- The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment