About Us

My photo
The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

GEEZ!!!

It seems like whenever I have to ride my bike somewhere, something happens. Last time Ella and I got caught in the down pouring rain. I had to take Ella to see the dietician today for advice regarding her milk allergy. She will be one VERY soon and is suppose to start milk instead of the formula. We have introduced regular yogurt with very little success, so we tried soy yogurt and she had a little reaction to that after several tries. I just loved how helpful she was too....(hint of sarcasm). Her advice; just try milk products on her and see what happens. Ummm...DUH! I was hoping for a bit more than that.

So as I am pedaling to get Ella to her appointment and then I had to pick up my prescription as well AND stop at the store for some food items (which means I did LOTS of pedaling), my bike is making all this racket. It has been for awhile now and a few weeks ago I had some plastic pieces that are like bumpers fall off. Well today a few more pieces fell off!! I'm getting quite the collection of plastic bike pieces and I'm afraid that soon my entire bike is going to be in pieces piled up in the house! Guess we'll be taking a trip to the bike shop this weekend.


Then as I got home to unload Ella from her buggy and get her and the groceries into the house I noticed that not just one, but BOTH of the tires on her buggy were nearly flat. I thought it was extra hard pedaling home with her and the groceries (since I've done it many times now). Well no wonder with flat tires!!! I'm surprised I even made it home! GEEZ....what an adventure out on my bike today! I miss having my own car. How did I go from having a brand new SUV to a bike that is slowly falling apart?!?!

No comments: