As always I am curious to try new baked goods here in Holland. I do not always know what I am buying but I figure it's worth a try! Early this week during my morning shopping trip to the grocery store, I strolled through the bakery department and settled on this:
It is Roomboter Stoofperencak. I mistakenly thought it had "stroop" instead of "stoof" and thought it might have some of the same taste as a stroopwafel cookie. I should have noticed the word "peren" which translates to pear. Ohh and "stoof" that simple means oven, so this was a baked good, cooked in the oven! (not sure how else baked good would be cooked?!?) Anyway.........
So while Ella snacked, I tried the new treat.
It was very sweet and moist. After trying to research what exactly Roomboter Stoofperencak is, I came up with the conclusion that it is a typical butter cake which can be made in many different varieties, this one happened to be made with pears.
Doug enjoys eating blueberry muffins or banana bread for breakfast. After my first taste test I told him this might be something he enjoys as breakfast. He asked if it was "healthy" or more of a dessert. A very good question and I have no idea, but since it's made with pears.....I say lets eat it for breakfast!
eet smakelijk!! (If you ask a dutch person what this means they will respond "bon appetit", I always find it funny that a dutch word translates into a french one!)
"The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place." Barbara DeAngelis
About Us
- The Wilcox Family
- The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment