"The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place." Barbara DeAngelis
About Us
- The Wilcox Family
- The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.
Thursday, July 7, 2011
De Bibliotheek
Ella and I were out doing our food shopping today so I decided to stop at "de bibliotheek" (the library) to get her a few more books. Months ago I signed her up for a library card because it was free for children. I get to practice a little of my dutch with her as we look through the picture books with words.
I have been putting off getting myself a card because you have to pay a yearly membership. It is about 40 euro and I wasn't sure if I would really have time to read much. They have a small English section and I have actually been reading a little more now when I first go to bed (a hobby I use to do all the time and missed terribly). Since all of the books I have here I have read, I bit the bullet today and bought myself a yearly membership! The most exciting part was that it was only 26 euro because I had signed my child up for one!!
Ella and I are ready to do some reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm jealous that you can check out Nicholas Sparks "The Choice" and I am on a waiting list to get it from our library. Love, Mom
Post a Comment