About Us

My photo
The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

It's ok...I love you!

Today Tucker had his teeth cleaned. Since this involves doing quite a lot inside his mouth, the vet sedated him and planned to keep Tucker thoughout the day for observation. I dropped him off at 8:30am and was told to call back at 3pm to see how he was doing and when I could pick him up. At 12:30 I got a call saying how soon could I come get him!! If any of you know Tucker, he is a sweet dog, but HATES to be alone. He is not one to whine or yip, like most small dogs.....UNLESS he is stuck in a crate in the vet's office!! I think he about drove them crazy!

However his teeth turned out great. Look at those pearly whites!!


Also, since Tucker had to be sedated for the procedure, we took full advantage of the opportunity and asked the vet to clip his nails while he was out cold. I really wanted to ask if I could come and give him a haircut too, but I was afraid that was pushing it. He is so difficult to groom anymore. We have tried several different kinds of medications to help him relax when we groom him but it doesn't always make the process any more successful. The results......


They ended up cutting a nail to short even with him knocked out......and you wonder why we don't even attempt it!!

Ella was very compassionate about the whole situation......


"It's ok Tucker....I love you!"


What a long day!

No comments: