Our neighbor kids have been asking us to come watch them play voetbal (soccer). Usually Doug is not home from work in time to go to some of their games here in our neighborhood. This past Saturday, Matthius had a game right down the street so we took the opportunity to go. It was his birthday too so we thought we'd show our support. He is quite the player, as are most of the kids on his team. They definitely take their soccer seriously at an early age. He had bright green laces so it was easy to find him as they all zoomed back and forth across the field. We were able to get a few shots of him from the front, but like I said, he sure was zooming around!!
Of course I think everyone game to the game on their bike! We still haven't invested in bikes for ourselves yet. Although many women are seen pedaling around with small children, I'm not so sure I feel very comfortable doing that right away.
On Sunday we gave Matthius hisLego present (picked out by Doug of course) and we took both him and his sister (Ann Marie) to McDonald's. I know kids like McDonald's but here they get extra excited about it. Who knew McDonald's was that great?!?! It was fun going to the game and going out for a treat. It sure gave us a good glimpse into our future with kids!

No comments:
Post a Comment