I (being Kristina that is) sure do love my sweets, and mini candy bars are no exception. I have been sticking to my usual favorites Twix, Snickers and M&M's throughout the pregnancy. The other day at the grocery store, I came across a bag of mixed candy bars and decided to give it a try. I found it interesting that a Snickers and a Twix bar are just the same here as in the U.S, however a Milky way is not! And we also have a candy bar here called Mars...not sure if that kind is in the U.S or not (I never had one if it is).
Well when I went to eat one of the Mars candy bars for the first time, I found the center to have fluffy marshmallow and a layer of carmel. To me, this is suppose to be a Milky Way. So I then had to immediately try the Milky Way! I was surprised to find that the Milky Way only had the fluffy marshmallow type filling.....what I would expect from a Three Musketeer in the U.S. Who would have thought that candy bars were made differently!!
I have been craving an Almond Joy or Mounds lately too. Of course I have not seen either of these during my visits to the candy aisle. In my bag of mixed candy that I bought, there was a kind of candy bar called Bounty. I was so happy with the first bite.....it was just like a Mounds! I love coconut and chocolate!!
So after my candy encounter I have discovered that here:
A Milky Way- is like a Three Musketeer in the U.S
A Mars- is like a Milky Way in the U.S
A Bounty- is like a Mounds in the U.S
Whatever they call each candy bar makes no difference......at least I get some chocolate!!

No comments:
Post a Comment