About Us

My photo
The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day: Day 14

*sigh* Valentine's Day has finally arrived, which means it's the last day in our 14 Days of Love. It sure has been a lot of fun seeing what Doug will come up with each day and watching Ella get excited over her small gifts. We definitely had a lot of extra love in our house the past few weeks.

Even though today was the "big" day....Valentine's Day, I didn't plan to have an extra big gift. When I think of Valentine's Day I think, love, hugs, kisses and CHOCOLATE!! So Ella and Doug got it all:


I bought a bag each of Hershey hugs and kisses. I found a printable template (which I'd share but can't find the site I got it from ) with the "XO" on them and used a 3/4inch circle punch to cut them out quickly. I did have to glue each one on but it didn't take as long as you would think.






 And although I said to Doug we were suppose to split our budget throughout all the days, he spent most of it (and then some) toward mine today. It was really sweet to get roses though!


Our final activity for the 14 Days of Love was adding Ella's last heart to her door. Each day Doug and I took turns writing out something we "love" about her, talking to her about it and having her stick it to her door. I was surprised how well she responded to this activity. I was afraid she might be too young.....but then again I guess you're never to young (or old in mine and Doug's case) to be shown how much you're loved!!




No comments: