About Us

My photo
The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.

Saturday, December 17, 2011

DIY

I love DIY projects. I have so many on my "to do" list already. Today we went for a walk and the inspiration for one came to me while we headed down a woody path. There were pines trees and even holly bushes growing on either side of the path. I decided to break off a few pieces of each to create something for our table. I am sure it wasn't the nicest thing to do, but it wasn't from anyone's yard or anything (so that makes it ok right?!?!) I mean how many of you pick wild flowers when you're out for a walk??

Anyway, once we got home I cut the pieces into many smaller ones. I dug out a glass container (it was actually one I used as a centerpiece with flowers for our wedding) and a few glass jars that I had purchased here to decorate some tables with when we had a fourth of July celebration.

I simply added water and arranged the smaller pine branches and holly pieces in each container. An instant addition to our dinning room table for the holidays!




No comments: