About Us

My photo
The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Initiation Day

Ella and I had our official initiation for bike riding in Holland this week when we were caught in the rain. We started out to the store for a few groceries. It looked a little cloudy, but it usually does here anyway. I took my rain jacket just in case (I have gotten very good at always having a coat or umbrella with me). You see a lot of people riding their bike AND holding the umbrella, but I'm not that good yet! Ella's buggy has a built in rain cover for the front. It sprinkled a little on the way there, but nothing too bad. By the time I got our small bag of groceries and got back outside to get Ella ready for the ride home, it was pouring! We waited for a bit to see if it would stop...but no such luck. It did let up a little so off we went.

By the time I made it home.....I was pretty soaked and felt officially initiated.

 
Don't you just love how the other side of me stayed completely dry!!

It wasn't until I took Ella out of her buggy that I realized SOMEHOW she got wet too!! Her car seat was soaked along the top and bottom. (you can see the difference in the red color)

"Ohh well, mom, I've been initiated too!"

Her head even looked like she had just had a bath....which I guess she sort-of did.


I'm sure this isn't the first or last time this will happen to either of us. Now Doug  just has to be initiated!

No comments: