Most people ride with their kids on a seat connected to the bike. They have all kinds of gadgets that allow very young children to be able to ride attached to the parent's bike. I have even seen one for attaching the actual car seat. I was really worried about my balance on the bike. Even though Doug and I will have to get use to pulling the cart, I feel much safer having Ella sit in her car seat while riding in the cart. Eventually she can just sit strapped into the cart, or buggy as we have started calling it.
Saturday morning we arrived at the Fietswinkel shortly after they opened, very excited to try out our new bikes. While this isn't a very excitable event to the Dutch as it is for us, Esther and Matthijs were excited for us. We have finally become more "dutch".
Ella fit perfectly in the cart. While my bike will be the one that has her cart connected to it most of the time, the first time riding home I wanted Doug to try it out. He took her for a quick spin around the street near the shop and then it was off for our first bike riding adventure home. (more of that to come in a different post).
| He definitely looks dutch now! |

No comments:
Post a Comment