About Us

My photo
The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Yummy, healthy snack!

We all enjoyed a healthy little snack this afternoon. And by all I mean all three of us. Doug came home from work extra early, so the two of us had another smoothie (which we are loving more and more) while he did a little more work (hence the laptop).

Ella enjoyed some juice and her new favorite treat a "Wortel Chip".  They look just like the Jax cheese puffs. "Wortel" in dutch means carrot, so they are actually a healthy snack.





 
Want one??




I was very excited to find a variety of snacks for Ella (that can she actually eat due to her milk/egg allergy) in our local grocery store. They are the Organiz Goodies brand, which I found out they actually have in the U.S. too. The bags have all dutch writing on them, but when I translated them (just like I have to with EVERYTHING just to make sure I know what I am feeding her!!) it says that this brand of snacks for children was created by an English woman, Lizzie Vann when she was wanted better snacks available for her own children.

Ella now enjoys the Wortel Chips, mini-flavored rice cakes in apple and raspberry and baby cookies!

No comments: