After reading my friend Rita's blog and trying some of the delicious recipes she posted, I decided that if I come across something that is worth sharing, I too will post it. I think that it is a great way to try new recipes.
Doug and I miss many foods from America, chicken spiedies being one of them. The few times my mom or his parents have come for a visit, we always request that they have spiedie marinade in their suitcase (in exchange for stroopwafel cookies of course). Well a few weeks ago we ran out of the marinade we have been rationing. It was decided that our only option for spiedies was to look online for a recipe to make the marinade ourselves. We found one, Doug made it and then cooked the spiedies on the grill. THEY WERE DELICIOUS!!
For the marinade you need:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 cup pineapple juice
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl using a whisk and then add cubed chicken pieces. The recipe online said to marinate for 2 hours, but we did it for almost 5. I do suggest cooking the spiedies on a grill. We did them in the oven just the other night, and although they were still good, they didn't have as much flavor as when they were cooked on the grill.
A few of our ingredients might look a little different.
My favorite translation was the dried tarragon...
YUM!
"The journey between what you once were and who you are now becoming is where the dance of life really takes place." Barbara DeAngelis
About Us
- The Wilcox Family
- The title for our blog came from the saying "thinking outside the box", which means to think differently, unconventionally or from a new perspective. "Enjoy your choices and enjoy what you do. Never let a day go by without being thankful for the fact that you get to be here in the first place." Hopefully this blog will help family and friends to stay a little closer to us even though were thousands of miles apart; as well as to share in our trials, daily life adventures and traveling experiences.
No comments:
Post a Comment