After a long time away it was very nice to be welcomed back with such love!! Ella and I enjoyed our time at home very much and I have to admit it gets harder and harder to come back. Doug missed us terribly and made sure that everything was taken care of before our return. He had the entire house cleaned and all the laundry done. I was very impressed and wondered if maybe I should go away for often?! He did however leave a pile of ironing that needed to be done, but I guess I can't blame him. I too do not like having to iron! Our neighbor Matthijs also wanted to be there to pick us up and helped pick out the balloon for Ella.
My flowers were gorgeous...the biggest bouquet I have ever gotten (guess I REALLY was missed!) Ella still loves playing with her airplane balloon (which is on it's last leg as far as still being able to float in the air).
Esther, my good friend and neighbor, knows how much I love planting flowers. She planted a border of them around our entire patio area outside to help welcome me home. Her and her family had us over for a BBQ on Saturday evening.
Ella got very cosy in Anne-Marie's arms!
Matthijs had been asking us for a hat from the U.S. He already had a New York Yankees cap and he wanted one from where we lived. It only seemed fitting to get a Phillies one (and Doug said it had to be the old school one!) Matthijs LOVED it and has not taken it off since.

No comments:
Post a Comment