We decided that we wanted to have the cafe-like coffee while sitting in the comfort of our own home, or when guests come over. We have made only a European purchases since moving here, and one was a Bodum coffee press. Our next task was to buy fresh ground coffee.....something we knew nothing about! The salesman at the one coffee shop we stopped at was very helpful and soon we each had made a selection on a coffee we though we would enjoy (we have very different tastes when it comes to coffee, Doug likes his very strong and I like more of a mild sweet taste).
We have enjoyed many cups of our own fresh brewed coffee and have made it for people who have come over for some of our gatherings. Today I brewed some for myself and decided to try making it into an ice coffee. I found a recipe online which called for a small amount of chocolate syrup to be added to it. It was delicious!! It tasted just like one you pay for at the cafe.
The only downside to this coffee press is the clean up. It has a lot of parts that have to be unscrewed and washed separately. In my attempt to stage a picture of the parts (making the blog more authentic)....I broke the glass!!! :(
Hopefully we can find a replacement one. I was really looking forward to another iced coffee tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment