Quite a few months ago we had a major sewer problem. Whenever it rained to hard our toilet would bubble. Well one day it rained so hard that our toilet didn't only bubble, it started over-flowing with sewer water! As a hormonal pregnant women, I can tell you that this was not as funny then, as it sounds now. We have wonderful landlords so they made sure that this wouldn't happen to us again. This past week a few men came to the house to dig up our sewer line and put in a new pipe to help with the problem. I thought I would take the opportunity to take pictures of their work. We have a brick driveway so it was no easy task. Some of the pictures are not the best....I had to try and take the pictures from inside, looking out the window, without them seeing me. I couldn't go outside and take any......I didn't want them to think I was a crazy lady!! It's not that big of deal to have workers come to your house, but I thought it was interesting from an American's point of view to see how they worked with the equipment they had.
Here they are digging up the bricks in order to get started.

No room for parking in the driveway now!!

All the bricks that were dug up lined the front of our house.

CAUTION: When walking by the American's house.....Do not fall in the giant trench in their driveway!

A lot of Dutch neighbors and friends make the comment "American's like everything bigger". Here in Holland it is much different. Everything is tiny. Here you can see the portable, little dump truck and digger.


A huge dumpster was brought in for the old pipe and dirt. Unfortunately it took up half the road!

And last but not least.....all those bricks that were piled up in front of the house get put back, one by one (and by hand)! The end of a three day job.
No comments:
Post a Comment