
Bioscoop; pronouced (bee-o-scope) is the dutch word for Movie Theatre. Doug and I had the pleasure of going out on a date to the Bioscoop this past weekend. The picture is the actual theatre we went to. It was a very different experience than our time at the movies in the United States. First of all it cost about $25 USD (U.S Dollars) for just the two of us. That did not include snacks and drinks. Many beverages were offered at the concession stand. The best part in Doug's opinion, was that you could get a beer. So, Doug enjoyed a bottle of Grolsch while I had a nice raspberry cranberry nonalcoholic beverage. No movie experience would be the same without popcorn. We all know that movie theatre popcorn is the way to go! Who doesn't love the salty, buttery taste?! We were excited to try the popcorn they had there. The side of the popcorn bucket had a label; "Jimmy's All American Popcorn". The first bite indicated that obviously, the dutch have not had American movie theatre popcorn before!! The popcorn claiming to be "American" was very sweet tasting. It was similar to Kettle Corn.
Most people are probably wondering how we understood the movie. Thankfully, all the movies here are shown in English with Dutch subtitles. Therefore, while a movie may have a certain release date in the United States, it is about a week or so later here, to allow for the subtitles.
All in all, we enjoyed the theatre and will be going back. I'm not so sure I want the popcorn, although Doug liked it! I do miss good old fattening American popcorn!!

No comments:
Post a Comment